In winter, the remedy for bad days is simple: a nice warm puréed soup, a film with your favourite actor, cosy pyjamas and duvet. Our favourite puréed soup? Cream of broad beans with poached egg and aromatic herbs, a real treat!
MAKE THIS RECIPE WITH:
LE NATURELLE ORGANIC ANTIBIOTIC-FREE EGGS
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 bowl
- 1 blender
- 1 small saucepan
- 1 le Naturelle Organic antibiotic-free eggs
- 250 g dried broad beans
- 800 ml vegetable broth
- 25 g smoked bacon
- 1 small white onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 2-3 basil leaves
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse the broad beans thoroughly, place them in a bowl and cover with water. Soak them for 30 minutes.
- Finely chop the onion, lightly fry it with the oil and the garlic clove. Add the drained broad beans and the smoked bacon cut into strips.
- Cover with vegetable broth, bring to a boil, lower the heat and cook covered for 30 minutes. When cooked, season with salt and pepper and add a handful of parsley leaves and basil.
- Blend until you get a homogeneous cream. Keep warm.
- Bring to a boil a saucepan with water and a tablespoon of vinegar. When it bubbles, mix the water until it creates a vortex in the centre. Break the egg in a cup and pour it into the moving water.
- Cook 1 egg at a time for 3-4 minutes to a light boil, drain gently with a skimmer. Do the same with the other 3 eggs.
- Serve the hot soup with the egg in the centre. Complete with aromatic herbs to taste and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.