Mums, you put your heart into even the smallest daily habits. From “you sound strange, has something happened?” to “wrap up well or you’ll get a cold” with the inevitable “have you eaten?” along the way. Today we want to dedicate our heart to you, carving it in a thin egg pastry. Ravioli “alla sorrentina”, a lovely first course! Let’s prepare them with le Naturelle white shell eggs.
MAKE THIS RECIPE WITH:
LE NATURELLE WHITE SHELL FROM LEGHORN BREED HENS, BARN EGGS
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 frying pan
- 2 bowls
- 1 pastry board
- heart-shaped mould
- 4 le Naturelle white shell eggs
- 400 g 00 flour
- 300 g ricotta cheese
- 400 g mozzarella
- 500 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- basil to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the fresh pasta: place the flour in a bowl, make a well in the centre and add the eggs one at a time, work the mixture until you get a smooth ball. Cover it with plastic wrap and let it rest at room temperature for half an hour.
- Chop the mozzarella with the knife and place it on a strainer, so it loses its serum. In a bowl put the mozzarella, ricotta cheese, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Once the resting time has elapsed, dust the pastry board with flour and with the rolling pin roll the pasta into a thin sheet, a couple of millimetres. Distribute the filling in well-spaced heaps, and cover with another layer of pasta.
- Press the pasta lightly between one heap and another, taking care to let out the excess air. With the help of a special heart-shaped cutter, stamp the individual ravioli, if you do not have it, try to form the heart with scissors.
- Put a pan full of salted water on the hob and bring to the boil, which will be used to cook the ravioli.
- Now prepare the seasoning: wash and cut the cherry tomatoes in half or in quarters. Put a large pan on the hob, heat the oil with the clove of garlic and then add the cherry tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes over moderate heat, taking care to remove the garlic clove halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, drop the ravioli into the boiling water. As soon as they come to the surface, drain them and put in the pan with the sauce. Sauté for a few moments to let them absorb the flavour and serve the ravioli very hot.