The benefits of eggs
Did you know that eggs are a concentrate of fantastic substances for our body1?
A single egg contains:
- Vitamin A: Supports the immune system, is fundamental for eyesight and cell differentiation, protects skin and mucosas and promotes bone growth.
- Vitamin E: An anti-ageing anti-oxidant which also helps the immune system and promotes the transmission of signals between cells.
- Vitamin D: Fundamental for bone growth, development and remodelling.
- B-group vitamins (B1, B2, PP, B12): Essential for metabolic functions, these vitamins help with energy production by demolishing several substances our bodies then assimilate.
- Magnesium: Crucial for our bodies, magnesium has several functions, including participating in the transmission of nervous impulses and in muscle contraction.
- Calcium: The main mineral of bones and teeth, calcium is also important for the heart, nerves, blood, and muscles.
- Potassium: Regulates water balance in our bodies, therefore helping control blood pressure.
- Phosphorus: Supports energy production, the transmission of nervous impulses, and kidney function.
- Zinc: Fights ageing, helps with wound healing, and supports the immune system.
- Iron: Indispensable to transport oxygen throughout our bodies by means of blood.
- Choline and Methionine: Amino acids indispensable for the metabolic demolition of fats.
- Lutein and Zeaxanthin: Excellent anti-oxidants with anti-ageing properties.
Who would have thought?
For further information, visit the "The expert says" section of this website.